Former President Goodluck Jonathan says the decision by his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari, to continue with projects initiated by his administration and the renaming of a rail station after him, is commendable. Jonathan also extended his appreciation to the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi.
Jonathan made the declaration, after a closed door meeting with Buhari on Tuesday in Abuja. He said he had written the President in appreciation for the gesture. “Let me use this opportunity to commend Mr. President publicly,” he said, adding that he had already sent a letter to the President privately to thank him for the gesture. “And completing the railway programme is good. It shows that the President is going on with the legacy projects of the previous administrations. That is the way to go.
“I sent a letter to him. I commended him verbally too but you are asking me now. Let me also do it publicly. I appreciate it, I thank Mr. President, the Minister of Transportation, and others that made it possible,” he said. Buhari had recently named the largest station on the Warri-Itakpe railway route –the Agbor railway facility and station – after Jonathan.